Monday 30 September 2013

100 Reasons Why I am Doing This……..


There has been a discussion of late in one of the Facebook groups I am part of about the reasons why we are all going through our weight loss journeys and what we wanted to achieve whilst doing it.

I have decided to note down mine here for all to read.  I have gone back to the start of my journey and made sure I have included items that I wanted to achieve back then and may have already done so.  If I have achieved this I have noted it along-side the item.
This a varied list, taking in athletic achievements, health and well being achievements and other which fall into a myriad of categories.  There is no rhyme or reason for some of them, just something I wanted to tick off the list.  They are also in no apparent order, just as I remember them.

1.       Get Healthy
2.       Look Healthy
3.       Look Fit
4.       Lose the beer gut and love handles
5.       Be able to run around with my kids without puffing after a few steps (Done)
6.       Give me more energy and desire to want to do the above (Done)
7.       Set a good example for my kids (Done or doing)
8.       Be around to watch my kids grow up
9.       To be able to run 1km non stop (Done)
10.   To get fit enough to ride 200kms in 2012 for the Ride to Conquer cancer (Done)
11.   To fit comfortably in a plane seat without the arm squashing into my side (Done)
12.   To fit into a size 38 jeans (done)
13.   To wear a size 36 jeans.
14.   To be confident enough to sit by a pool with my shirt off (Done)
15.   To lose 30kgs (Done)
16.   To get my definition back in my legs
17.   To be fit enough to run around at my sons football training and not feel like coughing up a lung (Done)
18.   To buy clothes off the rack, not in the Big Man section (Done)
19.   To push myself outside my comfort zone with clothing (Doing all the time)
20.   Being able to run 5km non stop (Done)
21.   Being able to run 10km non stop (Done)
22.   To run 5km in under 30 minutes (Done)
23.   To run 10km in under 1 hour
24.   To run a half marathon without stopping (Done twice)
25.   To run a half marathon in under 2 hours 30 minutes (Done twice)
26.   To run a half marathon in under 2 hours
27.   To run a marathon
28.   To try Crossfit
29.   Make my mum proud of me for finally losing my weight
30.   To document my journey, the good, the bad and the ugly on this blog
31.   Feel confident in wearing lycra bike gear in public (Done)
32.   Building confidence and allowing myself to try new things in public (Done – I think the mankini episode at the Melbourne finale proves this)
33.   Changing my outlook on life and embracing the new lifestyle for a healthier future (Done)
34.   Teaching my children that good food can be nice and having them embrace our change of life. (Done)
35.   To ride 1200kms in 12 days doing all 6 Ride to Conquer cancer rides in 2013
36.   To sit on a camping chair and not worry about it collapsing underneath me. (Done)
37.   To not feel conscious about people watching you eat because they always judge the fat person.
38.   To be able to go on all rollercoasters and waterslides with my kids because I can fit.
39.   To feel proud of myself (Done)
40.   To be a better husband
41.   To be a better father
42.   To be able to breathe normally when just sitting down (Done)
43.   To finally finish SOMETHING!!!
44.   To have abs…..
45.   To complete a triathlon
46.   To learn to swim properly so I can take part in triathlons
47.   To wear speedos and people be looking at my body not the horrible bathers……
48.   To not have people call me Big Fella all the time
49.   To be able to go for a run with my son as he gets older and fitter
50.   To help my wife achieve her health and fitness goals.
51.   Meet new and likeminded people to help me continue my journey (Done)
52.   Challenge myself on a regular basis by upping the ante with my physical challenges. (done but continuing to do so)
53.   To Kokoda again as a fit healthy person
54.   Take part in Around the Bay in a Day – Cycling 235kms
55.   Be fit enough and crazy enough to take on the 3 Peaks Cycling Challenge
56.   To wear my first ever pair of skinny jeans (Done)
57.   To learn to love weights.
58.   To fit into a pair of size 38 shorts I had never worn (Done)
59.   To fit into a size L shirt (Done)
60.   To wear a medium size shirt.
61.   Change from Obese to Overweight on the BMI scale on 12WBT (Done)
62.   To lose a total of 40kgs in weight (Done)
63.   To find my thing!! (form of exercise that I just love to bits) DONE!!!  You thought it was something else didn’t you?
64.   To lose a total of 50kgs in weight
65.   See my weight in double digits
66.   To not feel everyone looking at me when I enter a room because of my weight (or think it is because of my weight).
67.   To like who I am and what I have achieved
68.   To not allow my weight to set limitations on what I do
69.   I want to skydive……..
70.   To know I can do anything I set my mind to…
71.   To learn to surf with my kids
72.   To have guns (even if they are cap guns)
73.   To do a chin up
74.   Learn to like Burpees (is that even possible?)
75.   Do this for myself first and foremost
76.   Ensure my weight does not become a reason for illness (Diabetes, stroke, Heart attack, etc)
77.   Practise what I preach
78.   Just be myself all of the time.
79.   Push myself on a regular basis to be harder, faster, stronger than the day before
80.   Eat as clean as I can as often as I can
81.   Be confident enough to take on challenges never thought possible regular and push myself (Done)
82.   Be able to wrap a normal towel around my waist without it gaping and flashing skin. (Done)
83.   Try new exercises all the time to see what I like and experience new things (Done and still doing)
84.   I want to have a hot body for my wife (and me)
85.   To be strong for the first time in my life
86.   To never have my kids worry about the size of me in front of their friends
87.   To try boxing at a boxing gym.
88.   To lose my man boobs
89.   To only have 1 chin (done)
90.   To have a shapely arse again.
91.   Not having any flab on my inner thighs
92.   To continue to inspire people through actions not words.
93.   I want to be able to easily squat with my bodyweight on a bar
94.   I will learn to be able to do 100 push ups in a row
95.   To do a duathlon in 2014
96.   Set my sights on a huge 2014 (2 half marathons, possibly 2 marathons and 1 RTCC)
97.   I want to be able to do Paint Ball and run the entire time
98.   To prove to others that it can be done if you want it
99.   To love myself enough o actually be a little vain
100.       To continue to do this for the rest of my life because I am worth it…….

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea...thinking of putting a list on the fridge that I can add to and cross off. Great timing for me to be reading this post...over the last week or so, I have been wondering what new goals to set myself.
    I particularly wish you all the best with Number 74....

    ReplyDelete